Thursday, June 05, 2008

bad dreams?

Bailey has become pretty easy to put down to sleep for the last couple of months. For naps we give her a bottle and she pretty much passes out once it's gone. Nightime, we read her a story while she's drinking her bottle and then put her down...she usually goes right to sleep. It's pretty rare for her to cry, so when she does we know something's wrong.

The other night, we had put her down and were having dinner, when we heard her crying. We flipped open the computer to see her on the webcam...she was just laying there, crying. We gave her a minute, because sometimes she does this and then just goes right back to sleep after a couple of seconds, but it just kept getting worse. I went in there and picked her up, and she instantly cuddled into my chest and stopped crying. I wasn't really sure what was going on...she seemed to be okay. I tried putting her down for a second to see if something was physically wrong, but she just screamed. I ended up sitting in the rocker with her on my chest (a feat in itself given my growing belly) and just rocking her. She ended up falling asleep while I rocked her. I haven't done that since she was tiny. And really, we've never really done that. She's never been into being rocked....always nursed to sleep. It was so sweet to have her just cuddle and fall asleep on me.

Anywho, she ended up staying asleep after I put her down and didn't wake up until the next day. Maybe she just had a bad dream? Which brings up something else, what do babies dream about? What would be a bad dream?